Information on the processing of personal data
Who are we and what do we do with your personal data?
WebScience Srl, headquartered at viale Jenner 51, IT-20159, Milan, Italy (hereinafter also The Data Controller), as the data controller, is concerned about the confidentiality of your personal data and ensuring that they are protected from any event that might put them at risk of being breached.
The Controller implements to this end policies and practices having regard to the collection and use of your personal data and the exercise of your rights under applicable law. The Controller takes care to update the policies and practices adopted for the protection of personal data whenever necessary and in any case in case of regulatory and organizational changes that may affect the processing of your personal data.
The Controller has appointed a data protection officer or data protection officer (DPO) whom you can contact if you have questions about the policies and practices adopted.
You can contact the DPO/DPO at the addresses and contact information below:
How and why does the Controller collect and process your data?
The Data Controller collects and/or receives information about you, such as personal identifying information (such as first name, last name, e-mail address,) released while browsing the website www.webscience.it
1) For the response to the submitted request
Personal data is needed by the Controller to follow up on your request submitted through the form.
The communication of your personal data takes place mainly towards third parties and/or recipients whose activities are necessary for the performance of activities inherent to the aforementioned purposes, and also to respond to certain legal obligations. Any communication that does not respond to these purposes will be subject to your consent in advance.
2) For the activity of promoting the Holder's activities and initiatives by sending communications of a promotional nature
If you provide your consent, the processing of your personal data is done in order to propose you products and services, including improved or more suitable to your need, through the sending of advertising material.
The sending of promotional material, through the use of your data (such as first name, last name, e-mail address) may be done by e-mail
The processing in question may be carried out if:
- you give your consent for the use of the data also with reference to the methods of communication, both traditional and automated, by which the processing takes place;
- if you have not objected to the processing and/or if, in case, you have not specifically and separately objected to the sending of communications through traditional means and/or through automated means.
What happens if you do not provide your data?
The personal data concerning and identifying you are necessary for the purpose of fulfilling the request you submitted through the completed form and, if not provided, make it impossible for the Controller to fulfill your requests.
What happens if you do not give your consent to the processing of personal data for the Controller's own marketing purposes?
The processing of your personal data will not take place for such purposes; this will not affect the processing of your data for the main purposes, nor for that for which you have already given your consent, if required.
In the event that you have given consent and should later revoke it or object to processing for marketing purposes, your data will no longer be processed for marketing activities, without any detrimental consequences or effects.
How and for how long is your data stored?
The processing of data about you is done through both electronic and manual means and tools made available to individuals acting under the authority of the Data Controller and authorized and trained for this purpose.
Personal data are stored, where appropriate in electronic archives protected by effective and adequate security measures to counter the risks of violation considered by the Data Controller. For the time necessary for the fulfillment of information requests and sending of communications of such exclusive nature that the Data Controller makes as a result of your request and in any case for a term not exceeding in the maximum 2 years , except in cases in which occur, events that involve the intervention of the competent Authorities, also in collaboration with third parties / recipients who are entrusted with the activity of computer security of the data of the Data Controller, to carry out any investigation into the causes that led to the event.
What are your rights?
Compatible with the limits especially time limits established for the processing of personal data about you, the rights you are granted allow you to have control of your data at all times.
Your rights are those of:
- restriction of processing;
- objection to processing;
Your rights are guaranteed to you without special charges and formalities for requesting their exercise, which is understood to be essentially free of charge. You have the right:
- to obtain a copy, including in electronic format, of the data to which you have requested access. Should you request additional copies, the Controller may charge you a reasonable fee;
- to obtain the cancellation of the same or the limitation of the processing or even the updating and rectification of your personal data and that third parties/recipients in the event that they receive your data also comply with your request, unless legitimate reasons outweigh those that determined your request prevail (e.g., environmental investigations and containment of the risk determined by the emergency managed through them by the Controller);
- to obtain any useful communication regarding the activities carried out as a result of the exercise of your rights without delay and in any case, within one month of your request, unless an extension, justified, of up to two months must be duly communicated to you.
For any further information and in any case to send your request you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
To whom can you complain?
Without prejudice to any other action in administrative or judicial proceedings, you may file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority or with the one that performs its duties and exercises its powers in Italy where you have your habitual residence or work or if different in the Member State where the violation of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 occurred.